This week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 23rd April 2011 April 25, 2011Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
Hello everybody. This is a summary of the last week of development in OpenSimulator. Except where otherwise specified, the changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. Sometimes this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.7.0.2 (released on Saturday 11th September 2010).
The letters and numbers in brackets after some entries tell you the latest git commit to which they apply.
This week in OpenSim ( 03e725a – 44e43d9 ).
- OpenSimulator 0.7.1-rc1, which is the first release candidate for 0.7.1, is now available for download and testing! Please see the announcement for more details. The Git branch used for this release candidate and subsequent candidates is 0.7.1-dev. This release candidate contains everything in OpenSim Git master up until commit b8e2823. Past that, only certain bug fixes will be included. This means that everything below and in past summaries is included apart from the agent limit feature – unfortunately one has to draw the line somewhere otherwise a release would never happen.
Features & bug fixes
- I added a configuration parameter that can be used to turn off taking objects as a coalescence. In other words, if CoalesceMultipleObjectsToInventory = false is set in the [Inventory] section of OpenSim.ini then the old behaviour of taking every selected object as a separate item is used instead (419fc94).
- I fixed an issue where coalesced objects were being rerezzed in the wrong positions (5a404a9).
- I fixed a bug where Viewer 2 voice would not work with OpenSim and instead spammed the region console as it repeatedly tried to initialize itself (ccc26f7).
- Dahlia fixed a meshing failure on sculpt maps smaller than 64×64 (212326e).
- I fixed a bug where a coalesced item saved to an Inventory Archive (IAR) or rezzed on a foreign grid over the hypergrid would not always transport all the required assets to set up prim inventory items (63c1b7e).
- I tidied up FreeSWITCH configuration and made its logging somewhat less verbose (223c90c).
- Melanie implemented region agent limits. These can be set in the Region tab of the Region/Estate dialog in Linden Lab’s 1.23 Second Life viewer and probably in a similar location for third party viewers (13d6e05).
- E. Allen Soard contributed a patch to allow a MaxAgents value to be set in region config files that acts as an upper bound for the agent limit that estate owners can set. See the OpenSim wiki for more details.