This week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 16th April 2011 April 20, 2011Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
Hello everybody. This is a summary of the last week of development in OpenSimulator. Except where otherwise specified, the changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. Sometimes this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.7.0.2 (released on Saturday 11th September 2010).
The letters and numbers in brackets after some entries tell you the latest git commit to which they apply.
This week in OpenSim ( ebc249e – 70084c5 ).
- None this week.
Features & bug fixes
- I added “config show” as a synonym for the “config get” command, in order to bring it into line with other show commands. “config show” will print out the configuration of a region simulator as aggregated from all the loaded configuration files, which can be handy for debugging and fault finding (0bd6bc8).
- E. Allen Soard contributed a patch that implements the HTTP_VERIFY_CERT option for the llHTTPRequest() LSL command. This allows the HTTP request to accept any SSL certificate rather than just those signed by the standard certificate authorities (464fa45).
- I added the ability to rez objects directly out of prim inventory (e.g. by drag and drop on a standard viewer) (8e0d2cc).
- I exposed the HttpProxy setting in the [Startup] section of OpenSim.ini.example. This is used by llHTTPRequest() and dynamic texture loading (424995e).
- Diva fixed a failure in serializing scene object sculptie data. This looked pretty significant, so I’m surprised it hasn’t been noticed before now (5c8790f).
- I fixed a bug where rezzing a coalesced set of objects would give all the objects the same name as the item. The proper behaviour is to give the item name only to the first object that was selected when the coalescence was taken.
- I implemented correct rerezzing of all objects in a coalesced item loaded from an Inventory Archive (IAR). Please be aware that there is still a bug where in some situations all the required assets for rerezzing items in an object aren’t saved into the IAR. This may only apply to the root prims of all objects other than the one first selected (a0d8014).
- Diva implemented the correct taking of coalesced items on the Hypergrid. See Mantis 5431 for more details (cd6dce1).
- Mic continued to work on adaptive queue management and fair queueing. The aim is to significantly improve the performance of OpenSim’s implementation of the LLUDP viewer-server protocol.