This week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 2nd April 2011 April 6, 2011Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
Hello everybody. This is a summary of the last week of development in OpenSimulator. Except where otherwise specified, the changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. Sometimes this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.7.0.2 (released on Saturday 11th September 2010).
The letters and numbers in brackets after some entries tell you the latest git commit to which they apply.
This week in OpenSim ( fe6900b – 4f56c73 ).
- None this week.
Features & bug fixes
- Marck and Bluewall fixed some more SQLite issues. For Linux, the native SQLite libraries that are shipped with OpenSim will be used in preference to the system libraries on both 32-bit and 64-bit platforms. A native Mac OSX library should follow shortly (5a61c76).
- Diva fixed an issue where autogenerated Hypergrid links for regions inside the current grid were causing teleport and map failures. This change requires a new Gatekeeper URL config inside either StandaloneCommon.ini or GridCommon.ini as appropriate. Please see Mantis 5413 for more details and the comments inside GridCommon.ini.example and StandaloneCommon.ini.example (309eb71).
- I merged in work to reimplement parcel prim counts, after they had been disabled for performance reasons. Prim counts on parcels should now largely be accurate again, though further work is required to squash a few bugs (7bba017).
- I fixed a bug where older IARs could not be loaded because the archive.xml control file did not appear first in the archive (6ae76ed).
- Dahlia implemented the LSL print() function. For OpenSim, this is currently printing to the log (e974fde).
- No news this week.