This week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 26th March 2011 March 30, 2011Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
Hello everybody. This is a summary of the last week of development in OpenSimulator. Except where otherwise specified, the changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. Sometimes this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.7.0.2 (released on Saturday 11th September 2010).
The letters and numbers in brackets after some entries tell you the latest git commit to which they apply.
This week in OpenSim ( fb890e5 – 435d72f ).
- None this week.
Features & bug fixes
- Melanie stopped a region sending windlight settings if windlight is generally enabled but not turned on for that particular region. This will restore normal day and night cycles for that region (fb890e5).
- I improved initial OpenSim setup, so that the user is given a set of existing estate names when they’re asked which they want a new region to join (7acade0).
- I made the simulator log which region config files it is reading and which regions it picks up from them. Should help with fault finding (d8e1c38).
- I fixed the SceneGraph.ForEachSOG() method so that it invokes the passed in action only once for each scene object, instead of once for every prim (26d1656).
- I fixed object duplication so that the new object is added to the SceneGraph indexes (as used by ForEachSOG()) as well as the main EntityManager list (f2d2470).
- SignpostMarv contributed an implementation of the WebkeyAuthenticationService which allows users to login using a single use key rather than a permanent password. He also contributed a service that tests for both a permanent password and a one time key (83f48c2).
- I restarted work on reimplementing parcel prim counts, which had been disabled for performance reasons. More to come next week. This is the probably the last major item of work before OpenSim begins its release candidate process for 0.7.1.