This week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 29th January 2011 January 30, 2011Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
Hello everybody. This is a summary of the last week of development in OpenSimulator. Except where otherwise specified, the changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. Sometimes this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.7.0.2 (released on Saturday 11th September 2010).
The letters and numbers in brackets after some entries tell you the latest git commit to which they apply.
This week in OpenSim ( cc39d0b – 8f008f3 ).
- None this week.
Features & bug fixes
- I added a “land show” region console command. This will show you details of all the parcels on the current region (42c0dbf).
- I added a “land clear” region console command. This will clear all current parcels on the region and replace them with the default single parcel owned by the estate owner (19e4473).
- I fixed a bug where loading land parcels from an OpenSim Archive (OAR) did not delete the existing land parcels. The –merge option still has the de facto merge functionality, though I’m not sure how useful this is (be3685b).
- Goetz contributed a patch to fix the prim count display when land parcels are split (5a0cb7d).
- Melanie added estate ban checks when an avatars walks into a neighbouring region (ab48caa).
- Melanie added checks to stop avatars being able to move or teleport into parcels from which they are banned (188d869).
- Kevin Cozens contributed a patch to support the saving and loading of terrain files from the viewer in Terragen format (9798b04).
- I added a warning in the log if an included config file could not be found (1fcb919).
- Mic did some more work on reducing the number of times that avatar appearance textures are spuriously rebaked.
- Melanie started work to fix prim counts. The old functionality was recently disrupted in git master in order to improve performance.