This week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 22nd January 2011 January 25, 2011Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
Hello everybody. This is a summary of the last week of development in OpenSimulator. Except where otherwise specified, the changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. Sometimes this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.7.0.2 (released on Saturday 11th September 2010).
The letters and numbers in brackets after some entries tell you the latest git commit to which they apply.
This week in OpenSim ( 66f99ae – a32381c ).
- None this week.
Features & bug fixes
- Diva stopped the world map module from failing if it was passed bad URLs for other regions (5e35651).
- I fixed the “show queues” console command. This now properly shows unacked bytes for each agent and the number of packets sitting in various queues (land, terrain, etc.). This can be useful in diagnosing poor connections (5f3f7c3).
- I implemented a “show throttles” console command. This shows the current throttle settings for each user agent and the maximum client setting allowed by the server (5f3f7c3).
- Melanie stopped gesture activation from clobbering other flags set on an inventory item (75644e0).
- I updated the “config get” command to allow display of the entire current configuration and individual sections, as well as individual keys. This can be useful in diagnosing configuration problems (cb14e1d).
- No news this week.