This week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 27th November 2010 December 1, 2010Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
Hello everybody. This is a summary of the last week of development in OpenSimulator. Except where otherwise specified, the changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. Sometimes this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.7.0.2 (released on Saturday 11th September 2010).
The letters and numbers in brackets after some entries tell you the latest git commit to which they apply.
This week in OpenSim ( 6a9ae9e – ca8d015 ).
- None this week.
Features & bug fixes
- Melanie changed OpenSim’s Freeswitch voice support to fetch configuration data from a Freeswitch grid service rather than requiring the same configuration in each simulator. Documentation changes to follow (d2aebbe).
- Thomax contributed a patch to fix the CHANGED_REGION_RESTART and CHANGED_REGION script events (8a2c365).
- Marck fixed some situations where the CHANGED_SHAPE script event was not triggered when the shape had changed (d63965c).
- Marck fixed CHANGED_SCALE script event giring so that this occurs when the user is editing a prim’s, not just when the prim size is changed by a script (e1c72ce).
- Marck fixed the storage of land parcel joining in SQLite. Thanks to goetz for the initial patch (ba2bf78).
- Marck fixed handling of landmarks for systems with culture settings other than en_US (0bc5ffb).
- Marck made the CHANGED_TELEPORT script event trigger when teleporting to another region (2827def).
- Micheil Merlin contributed a patch that fixes the position calculations used for the funtions llSitTarget() and llUnSit(). See Mantis 4063 for more details (6ed6348).
- Marck added PRIM_TEXGEN, PRIM_BUMP_SHINY, PRIM_FULLBRIGHT and PRIM_GLOW implementations to llGetPrimitiveParams() and llGetLinkPrimitiveParams() (d71d4f9).
- Diva continued implementing global creator IDs in OARs and IARs. These will show the creator name as <first>.<last>@<authority>, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org. These involve lots of configuration changes for Hypergrid setups. Please see the OpenSim mailing lists for more details.
- Melanie created a separate region module to handle simulator restart.
- Mic Bowman started contributing patches that refactor appearance and avatar data sending code. The aim is to reduce the total number of appearance sends to one or two upon login (previously, multiple redundant appearance packets would be sent to all avatars in the scene).