This two weeks in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 20th November 2010 November 24, 2010Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
Hello everybody. This is a summary of the last two weeks of development in OpenSimulator. Except where otherwise specified, the changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. Sometimes this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.7.0.2 (released on Saturday 11th September 2010).
The letters and numbers in brackets after some entries tell you the latest git commit to which they apply.
This two weeks in OpenSim ( 6585243 – f1151f2 ).
- Marck joined the core OpenSim team. Marck has contributed many good patches and bug fixes to OpenSim, solving various bugs in the OpenSim Mantis. He also contributes to external projects such as the Wifi OpenSim account management interface. It’s great to have him aboard.
Features & bug fixes
- Melanie fixed parcel bans so that they don’t ban all avatars (22144eb).
- Melanie stopped users being able to teleport to a region where they are banned from all the parcels (bfc1285).
- Bluewall contributed a patch to implement the PARCEL_DETAILS_ID constant in llGetParcelDetails() (00b0f52).
- Marck fixed a bug where asset data was being written into the region database rather than the asset database under SQLite (2368aab).
- Melanie fixed issues with editing worn attachments (e.g. resizer scripts should now work). Attachment positions are now saved on logout rather than after each move. Attachment script states are saved when detaching (390c3a3).
- Thomas contributed osUnixTimeToTimestamp(). This allows a unix time to be converted to a timestamp in the format of llGetTimestamp() (393c9c9).
- Melanie fixed previews of gestures and sounds (43c270b).
- I fixed the “show queues” region console command. For each agent in a region, this shows how many packets have been sent and received, how many bytes remain in the various send queues (resend, land, texture, etc.) and how many sent bytes are waiting for receipt acknowledgement by the viewer. This may be useful for some diagnostic purposes but really more data is needed and exposure via a uniform JSON interface (af0deff).
- I changed the console so that all lines are saved in the history, not just valid commands (c072a9c).
- Mic Bowman contributed a patch that fixes appearance sending for avatars that only have default textures.
- I bumped the OAR version from 0.4 to 1.0, since backwardly incompatible changes have been made to the object serialization format used in OARs. In the future, it should be possible to still save old format OARs by manually specifying the major version number in the save oar command (e.g. save oar –version=0.4 my.oar). However, please note that this functionality does not work properly right now and needs fixing. I also backported OAR version checking on “load oar” to 0.6.9-post-fixes and 0.7-post-fixes (a88bcbb).
- Marck fixed the global region co-ordinates delivered by llRequestSimulatorData() (f1151f2).
- Diva started implementing global creator IDs as an option in OARs. These show the creator name as <first>.<last>@<authority>, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org.