This week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 23rd October 2010 October 24, 2010Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
Hello everybody. This is a summary of the last week of development in OpenSimulator. Except where otherwise specified, the changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. Sometimes this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.7.0.2 (released on Saturday 11th September 2010).
The letters and numbers in brackets after some entries tell you the latest git commit to which they apply.
This week in OpenSim ( 06b61b6 – 627d1a4 ).
- None this week.
Features & bug fixes
- Bluewall contributed OSSL functions to manipulate light projection for meshes (06b61b6).
- Dahlia added initial support for mesh physics. This allows avatars and other objects to collide accurately with meshes rather than against a primitive bounding box. This requires UseMeshiesPhysicsMesh = true in OpenSim.ini. More details in OpenSimDefaults.ini (9038218).
- Melanie changed region search results for the MySQL data plugin so that they are returned alphabetically (7de30cc).
- I changed group membership calls from OpenSim to the XMLRPC groups module so that the requesting agent is properly passed to the server. This means that the full membership of a group is returned correctly. Not sure why this was broken in OpenSim 0.7.x – it very probably was fine in 0.6.9 (478b44f).
- Teravus added the ability to upload multiple mesh COLLADA objects at once. They should appear in front (or on top!) of you when uploaded. Thanks also to John Hurliman and Laif Khalifa for help and insight (b2c1a1c).
- Adelle Fitzgerald contributed a patch that removes a delay in llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast() (529fb58).
- I tweaked OAR and IAR to allow them to save and load meshes (1064e74).
- Snoopy Pfeffer and fineman contributed a patch that fixes llParcelMediaCommandList() so that commands are applied only to the parcel that the script is in, not all parcels in the region (cfbaad36).
- Diva worked on code that serializes scene objects manually rather than using .NET’s automatic serialization faciltiies. Users will not see an immediate difference but this should allow us much greater flexibility in evolving the format in the future. However, please be warned that this is the cause of some minor problems deserializing objects in bleeding edge OpenSim.