This two weeks in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 2nd October 2010 October 6, 2010Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
Hello everybody. This is a summary of the last two weeks of development in OpenSimulator. Except where otherwise specified, the changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. Sometimes this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.7.0.2 (released on Saturday 11th September 2010).
The letters and numbers in brackets after some entries tell you the latest git commit to which they apply.
This week in OpenSim ( a85779e – 0133619 ).
- None this week.
Features & bug fixes
- Teravus introduced an experimental option to use an sqlite adapter that uses csharp-sqlite. Unlike the current adapter, this should work on a Mac. Currently, as it’s still being tested it’s only used if the CsharpSqlite compiler directive is given. See Teravus’ mailing list post for more details (acd5bbd).
- I added uuid information to prims modelled in the ODE physics plugin, which should at least tell us which prims are at fault if a physics exception is generated (30d3e8a).
- Bluewall added an option to change where script assemblies are stored and retrieved. This uses a new ScriptEnginesPath parameter in the [XEngine] section of OpenSim.ini. See OpenSim.ini.example for more details (8afa21c).
- Bluewall added a configurable option (DecodedSculptMapPath in [Startup] in OpenSim.ini) to change the patch where JPEG2000 textures are cached (14db53b).
- ubit contributed a patch that improves mass calculations for the ODE physics engine (f220a2c).
- No news items this week.