This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 4th September 2010 September 6, 2010Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
Hello everybody. This is a summary of the last week of development in OpenSimulator. Except where otherwise specified, the changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. Sometimes this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.7.0.1 (released on Tuesday 10th August 2010).
The letters and numbers in brackets after some entries tell you the latest git commit to which they apply.
This week in OpenSim ( 4b2e3bd – 68f107b ).
- OpenSim’s copy of Prebuild will soon be updated. This update will improve generation of build files for tools such as xbuild, monodevelop and nant. However, it will require anybody building region modules in the addon-modules/ directory of OpenSim to make small changes to their prebuild.xml files. Please see this mailing list post and the reply for more details. This will not affect binary modules placed in bin/addon-modules. Many thanks to Bluewall for the Prebuild improvments.
Features & bug fixes
- Jonathon Freedman contributed a patch that implements handling of media type, description, size, looping and replacement texture settings in parcel media (eefb20).
- Melanie implemented the UploadBakedTexture capability. This allows viewers to upload the baked avatar texture (necessary for other viewers to see your appearance) via HTTP rather than UDP. This should make avatar textures upload quicker and more reliably (1c8bd9).
- Melanie fixed an issue with rezzing objects with scripts. This may be a short term regression (17a26c3).
- randomhuman contributed a patch that makes the XmlRpcCreateRegionMethod() call in the RemoteAdminPlugin use a newer .ini region template rather than the old .xml one (b8da15).
- Diva continued to make fixes and infrastructure changes for Hypergrid 1.5.