This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 28th August 2010 September 1, 2010Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
Hello everybody. This is a summary of the last week of development in OpenSimulator. Except where otherwise specified, the changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. Sometimes this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.7.0.1 (released on Tuesday 10th August 2010).
The letters and numbers in brackets after some entries tell you the latest git commit to which they apply.
This week in OpenSim ( 74e5fe5 – 374807d ).
- None this week.
Features & bug fixes
- I fixed a bug where items given through llGiveInventory() disappeared. This regression has probably been present since OpenSim 0.7, though OpenSim 0.6.9 should be unaffected. The problem may still be present for Hypergrid setups. This should be addressed shortly (c72d298).
- Apelsin contributed a patch that fixes the behaviour of llSetPos() and llGetLocalPos() for attachments. Thanks to Marck for packaging this. See Mantis 3923 for more details (a7a45cb).
- Melanie fixed a problem where some outgoing HTTP forms requests were unreliable due to an early closing of the outgoing stream (604423d).
- I increased locking in order to make object linking/delinking more reliable rather than occasionally failing (1c0b445).
- I reinstated the LLUDP client protocol ‘kill guard’ in order to stop viewers receiving object updates after they had been told the object had been deleted. Receiving late updates could make undeletable ‘ghost’ objects stay behind until the client was relogged. The kill guard was present in OpenSim 0.6.9 but had been accidentally dropped for OpenSim 0.7 (d99c601).
- Diva fixed issues with the DataSnapshot module (used by search and other things). See Mantises 4984 and 4985 (436fdc2).
- I made a change so that Inventory Archive (IAR) loading paths can now start with a slash. For instance, load iar /Objects and Objects are now both valid (86937d0).
- I finally reinserted the KickFlags parameter for a received GodKickUser packet from the client. This appears to allows Gods to kick, freeze and unfreeze users. Not sure where the corresponding functionality is on the viewer. Thanks to Revolution for the original patch and Fly-Man for bringing this to my attention (374807d).
- No news this week