This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 31st July 2010 August 4, 2010Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
Hello everybody. This is a summary of the last week of development in OpenSimulator. Except where otherwise specified, the changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. At particular points in time this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.7 (released on 22nd July 2010).
The letters and numbers in brackets after some entries tell you the latest git commit to which they apply.
This week in OpenSim ( 696b6c7 – c4ecbd1 ).
- None this week
Features & bug fixes
- Melanie made a change so that gods and estate managers/owners are unaffected by parcel bans (696b6c7).
- Melanie made a change so that the dataserver() LSL event returns a zero UUID if a user is offline, instead of timing out. See Mantis 4894 for more details (2257e39).
- Snoopy contributed a patch that fixes llSetPos() for child prims that are more than 10 meters away from their root prim in a linkset (168a8e9).
- Marck contributed a patch to implement the command “show hyperlinks” on the console. This is the region console for standalone and whichever ROBUST instance is running the grid service in grid mode (f91ec19).
- I continued to work on OpenSimulator’s Shared Media/Media On A Prim implementation. This included adding MySQL support and fixing issues when prims with media textures were shift-copied in-world.