This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 24th July 2010 July 27, 2010Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
Except where otherwise specified, the changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. At particular points in time this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.7 (released on 22nd July 2010).
The letters and numbers in brackets after some entries tell you the latest git commit to which they apply.
This week in OpenSim ( f798679 – aa7cadc ).
- OpenSimulator 0.7 was released! Pretty much all the bug fixes described here made it into that release.
Features & bug fixes
- Diva fixed a nasty problem where script editing and loading would sometimes freeze a region. See Mantis 4858 for more details (7c124a5).
- I readjusted broadcast blue box notices to only go out to avatars that were actually in the broadcasting sim (rather than those also in neighbours) (e46c0a0).
- Melanie made a change to allow friends with permissions and shared group members to copy and move items out of prims (ea51bea).
- Melanie made a change to allow megaregions to start properly after an unclean shutdown (ac1a347).
- I continued to work on OpenSim’s shared media/media on a prim implementation, concentrating on improvements to the messages and data communicated between the server and the client. One effect of this was to get URL drag and drop to a prim surface working.