This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 17th July 2010 July 20, 2010Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
Except where otherwise specified, the changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. At particular points in time this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.6.9 (released on 14th May 2010).
The letters and numbers in brackets after some entries tell you the latest git commit to which they apply.
This week in OpenSim ( eaea89b – 7b62c25 ).
- None this week.
Features & bug fixes
- I removed a large amount of extraneous log debug output when saving an Inventory Archive (IAR). This may stop save problems for large inventories (86f3f83).
- Melanie fixed a bug where an item passed from a creator to another avatar could be received back with full permissions even if the item did not originally have them (dd14016).
- I fixed a bug that occurred when one tried to save a single item into an IAR (7143307).
- Diva fixed a bug where script saves were popping up the message “Saved notecard” (1285812).
- I improved the closing of streams in the event of a problem saving or loading an IAR (8c10cb5).
- Melanie made attached objects properly displacing existing attached objects if they occupied the same spot (264f4f0).
- Micheil Merlin contributed a patch that fixes bugs in llRot2Euler() (f5bdf0d).
- Micheil Merlin contirbuted a patch that allows the use of the older PSYS_SRC_INNERANGLE and PSYS_SRC_OUTERANGLE rules in llParticleSystem() (9cfa71d).
- I continued to work on OpenSim’s shared media implementation, including implementations of llGetPrimMediaParams(), llSetPrimMediaParams(), llClearPrimMedia and whitelist URLs.