This Two Weeks in OpenSim Dev – weeks ending Saturday 10th July 2010 July 11, 2010Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
Hi folks. We’re going to cover two weeks instead of one today, since I was on holiday last week.
Except where otherwise specified, the changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. At particular points in time this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.6.9 (released on 14th May 2010).
The letters and numbers in brackets after some entries tell you the latest git commit to which they apply.
This week in OpenSim ( 205d249 – 1169bfe ).
- None this week.
Features & bug fixes
- Melanie made changes to preserve prim ‘locked‘ status across rezzes, gives and takes (3612a52).
- Melanie made changes to preserve the prim “anyone can move” flag in most cases (3612a52).
- Diva added checks in the inventory database layer to appropriately truncate names and descriptions (76d2f0f).
- Diva fixed the Robust.32BitLaunch.exe. This can be used if a ROBUST server needs to be launched in 32 bit mode on a 64 bit system (c117f21).
- Robert Adams added the command script functionality to the ROBUST console (6cf0b8f).
- Melanie made drag copy and copy-on-ray handle friends list permissions properly (4cdda2c).
- Micheil Merlin contributed a patch so that llRotBetween() correctly returns the rotation when there is a 180 degree angle between vectors (621195e).
- Melanie fixed a problem where scripts that weren’t able to save state information caused OpenSim Archive OAR saving to fail (be0af01).
- Melanie fixed a problem where scripts in rezzed objects were not starting (1db2921).
- Melanie and Diva fixed problems where object auto-return was generating an exception (c7e4880).
- Kevin Cozens contributed a patch which fixes a problem where “Adult” regions were being reported as type “Unknown” (0755970).
- Dahlia fixed a potential division by 0 bug when using llVecNorm() (df9d4cd).
- Chris Hart contributed a patch to stop the region console crashing if restoring script state causes a file lock exception (6352fc5).
- Melanie made rezzed objects go back to the inventory folder they came from if retaken (1159bfe).
- I started implementing support for shared media in a Git branch called moap.