This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 19th June 2010 June 23, 2010Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
Except where otherwise specified, the changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. At particular points in time this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.6.9 (released on 14th May 2010).
The letters and numbers in brackets after some entries tell you the latest git commit to which they apply.
This week in OpenSim ( 14c587b – 905e5cd ).
- Master is currently unstable for large database migrations. Please don’t use it unless you keep good backups or your data isn’t all that important (which really applies generally).
Features & bug fixes
- Snoopy Pfeffer of Dreamland Metaverse contributed a patch that fixes create and update user commands in the Remote Admin interface. The patch also adds the ability to create users with default appearance and clothing. See Mantis 4758 for more details (9069114).
- Diva fixed a problem where attachments came back on a region crossing after they had been detached in another region (bd346ab).
- Tom Grimshaw contributed a patch to fix osGetAvatarList() so that it doesn’t miss avatars that are sitting down (53c32d8).
- Diva fixed an issue where new user accounts weren’t receiving a creation date (38f0985).
- Melanie made remote consoles always display a command prompt on first connecting (544627c).
- I fixed a bug where loading IARs was wrongly creating a vast number of empty folders (71c8bba).
- Dahlia fixed faulty profile cut parameter checking in llSetPrimitiveParams() (c571c33).
- No news this week.