This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 12th June 2010 June 16, 2010Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
Except where otherwise specified, the changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. At particular points in time this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.6.9 (released on 14th May 2010).
The letters and numbers in brackets after some entries tell you the latest git commit to which they apply.
This week in OpenSim ( d91bd76 – eff641a ).
- None this week.
Features & bug fixes
- I fixed a problem with HUDs where prims would occasionally disappear after region crossings. This fix is also in the 0.6.9-post-fixes branch (2124639).
- Melanie fixed the remote console to allow multi-word commands, quoting and interactive use (e.g. user creation) (a791689).
- Dan Lake improved the performance of avatar position updates (ca2abc4).
- Diva fixed attachments so that you can now successfully attach, drop the attachment and then reattach (e80cb81).
- Diva fixed friends notifications (7f349d6).
- Melanie added osGetAvatarList(), which returns the UUID, position and name of all avatars in the region (b64f42f).
- The cm prefixed Windlight functions were renamed to lsGetWindlightScene(), lsSetWindlightScene() and lsSetWindlightSceneTargeted() (as they came from the LightShare functions donated by Meta7). These functions allow you to change the Windlight settings in a scene via scripts, if AllowLightShareFunctions is enabled in OpenSim.ini.example (8947f08).
- Diva fixed inventory offers and acceptence/decline notifications (5d09918).
- jhurliman improved the look of water in map tiles (ed38b4a).
- Melanie stopped the CHANGED_INVENTORY script event firing when a prim is loaded from storage (65f03af).
- Melanie and Diva made both local and inter-region teleports send the CHANGED_TELEPORT script event (e6efe34).
- Melanie stopped link numbers changing for attachments on a region crossing (3c03693).
- Melanie stopped meshing exceptions caused by bad JP2 sculpt data from propogating (ceac35b).
- Diva added “Old Guids=true” to all MySQL connection strings. It seems that this is necessary to stop the .NET MySQL driver from treating char(36) fields as UUID fields and enforcing the rule that they contain valid UUIDs. People following master may need to manually add this to their setup. See the ini example files for the new settings (eff641a).
- No news this week.