This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 5th June 2010 June 8, 2010Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
Except where otherwise specified, the changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. At particular points in time this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.6.9 (released on 14th May 2010).
The letters and numbers in brackets after some entries tell you the latest git commit to which they apply.
This week in OpenSim ( bfcac0e – ab3afd5 ).
- None this week
Features & bug fixes
- Melanie introduced a security option where only certain script creators can run certain ‘os’ in-world script functions (f1a1d7a).
- Melanie stopped an exception being thrown by the RegionReady module (8df9f27).
- Melanie removed JScript in-world scripting support from both master and 0.6.9-post-fixes branches, since Mono 2.7 and above no longer include the necessary libraries (5270e54).
- Melanie added osGetPrimitiveParams() and osSetPrimitiveParams() functions (aa5a34).
- I fixed a bug where items within prims were not saved with the new SQLite database handler. This fix was made to both master and 0.6.9-post-fixes (55040a8).
- Diva fixed some bugs in friendship offers/accepts/declines when avatars are in different sims (de3e1c6).
- Melanie started work on implementing coalesced objects (the ability to take an arbitrary selection of objects into inventory and rerez them).