This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 29th May 2010 June 1, 2010Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
The changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. At particular points in time this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.6.9 (released on 14th May 2010).
The letters and numbers in brackets after some entries tell you the latest git commit to which they apply.
This week in OpenSim ( f84f0db – cd77648 ).
- None this week
Features & bug fixes
- Melanie fixed a problem with llSetText() where the alpha value was inverted. See Mantis 4723 for more details (7d9b316).
- Dahlia fixed sculpt normal direction for mirrored plane sculpts (5e719d1).
- When OARs are loaded, I stopped the process from removing avatar attachments (6b568af).
- I added the ability to load Inventory ARchives (IARs) directly from URLs with the “load iar” command on the OpenSim region console command line. Essentially, instead of specifying a filesystem location, a URL can be given. This works in the same way as it does for OpenSim ARchives (OARs) (fff5459).
- AlexRa contributed code to improve the automated database tests and to make these easier to write in the future.