This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 22nd May 2010 May 25, 2010Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
The changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. At particular points in time this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.6.9 (released on 14th May 2010).
The letters and numbers in brackets after some entries tell you the latest git commit to which they apply.
This week in OpenSim ( d4192dc – b2197e3 ).
- None this week
Features & bug fixes
- AlexRa contributed a new single database migration format that allows multiple migrations to be put into a single file (d71c483).
- Melanie implemented code that allows the remote admin to be made available on a different port from the general region communication port (3e1f2dd).
- jhurliman added code to improve the performance of object updates for the Linden Lab viewer protocol plugin (9f2d1e9).
- Snoopy contributed a bug-fixed version of CSJ2K.dll that should improve texture rezzing on 64-bit OpenSimulator servers. See Mantis 3318 for more details (a2e2437).
- Melanie changed the way that object permissions are propogated which may allow some older inventory items to be salvaged, rather than being inaccessible due to corrupt permissions (1d6ab44).
- I made a change so that viewer dialogs are now only sent if the avatar is in the same region as the script, rather than also when it is in neighbouring regions (78a0fd5).
- jhurliman added a mechanism to allow different viewer object update priority schemes to be used (e.g. update first by time, first by distance). This is not fully pluggable yet but new ones can be added by following the instructions in OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.Prioritizer (d0eecf0).
- I fixed a bug loading OpenSim Archives (OARs) where newly loaded scripts would not be immediately started. This change also fixes some misleading console information where successfully loaded objects were reported as ignored (8d96824).
- mirceakitsune contributed a patch that stops a sitting avatar being moved about in mouselook (e5bcd8b).
- No news this week.