This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 15th May 2010 May 18, 2010Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
The changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. At particular points in time this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.6.9 (released on 14th May 2010).
The letters and numbers in brackets after some entries tell you the latest git commit to which they apply.
This week in OpenSim ( 9b22393 – ff4f503 ).
- OpenSimulator 0.6.9 was released on Friday 14th May 2010. This incorporates many OpenSim improvements and bug fixes but doesn’t change any of the database schemas or server architecture, as it was branched just before the ROBUST changes were merged. Therefore, it should be possible to use it as a drop-in replacement for OpenSimulator 0.6.8. See my blog post or the mailing list post for more information.
- The cutting edge OpenSim Git master code with the ROBUST server migration is somewhat more stable than was previously the case, so I’m going to drop the warning about it that I’ve been giving here. However, I still recommend that you don’t use the Git master branch of OpenSim unless you are a developer or tester.
Features & bug fixes
- Melanie added an asset flags field to the asset database to signal whether assets are normal, maptiles or rewritable, etc. This changes the asset service grid protocol (9b22393).
- Melanie added asset delete functionality for the asset service (bc6995f).
- Diva reduced the number of map tiles redundantly stored in the asset database (6f2f0fa).
- Melanie fixed a bug where avatars were not detected by a sensor when the sense angle was exactly pi (31dc77d).
- Crystalsgalicia contributed a patch which fixes a problem where the viewer didn’t receive the prim UUID of a script chatting on a public channel (3d72a73).
- Diva implemented client ip address verification routines for the upcoming HyperGrid 1.5. This is a work in progress.