This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 8th May 2010 May 12, 2010Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
The changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. At particular points in time this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.6.8 (released on 23rd December 2009).
This week in OpenSim ( bd4998 – c1fe07 ).
- The cutting edge OpenSim Git master code is still unstable following the final merge of the ROBUST server migration on the 1st March 2010. I very strongly recommend that you don’t update to this code unless you are a developer or tester – please stick with official releases such as OpenSim 0.6.8. If you do need to update, here are some work-in-progress migration instructions.
Features & bug fixes
- Diva switched the default OpenSim inventory plugin to one called ‘XInventory’. This is database schema-compatible with the existing MySQL format and a migration exists for SQLite, so no manual changes should be necessary. The XInventory plugin allows an improvement in the network connectors to the inventory service (484584).
- Melanie fixed a problem with enabling grid gods using the new user database schemas (7e7429).
- Melanie added URL_REQUEST_* script constants for llHttpResponse (af0ffb).
- Melanie made the CHANGED_OWNER lsl change() event fire when a newly purchased object is rezzed (1494c8).
- Melanie made a change so that given items are stored in the correct folder type (e.g. the top-level objects folder for objects). This stops items given to offline avatars from getting lost (92dff5).
- Melanie added a console command to reload estate settings into a running region (3761f7).
- Melanie added an XMLRPC method to remote set the login level for an OpenSim installation (f38399).
- Melanie added a configuration parameter to allow specification of an initial login level (f38399).
- Diva fixed bugs with the library inventory in grid mode (53594e).
- Melanie made sure the “show in search” flag is cleared for an object when its ownership changes (6182d7).
- Melanie cleared the “for sale” flags for reclaimed land so that it can’t be bought again right away (adc34c).
- Melanie removed abandoned land from search (907fce).
- Dahlia improved mesh accuracy and UV mapping for sculpties (5d1e99).
- Dahlia corrected face numbering and UV mapping, mainly for spheres (39c5dd).
- Dahlia improved handling of undersize sculptie textures (eb6d63).
- Diva finished implementation of the GridUserService, which stores user data that is specific to a given grid (e.g. home location).
- Teravus fixed the continuous build and automated test infrastructure.