This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 17th April 2010 April 18, 2010Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
The changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. At particular points in time this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.6.8 (released on 23rd December 2009).
This week in OpenSim ( 3d0860 – 4e1cbd ).
- The cutting edge OpenSim Git master code is still unstable following the final merge of the ROBUST server migration on the 1st March 2010. I very strongly recommend that you don’t update to this code unless you are a developer or tester – please stick with official releases such as OpenSim 0.6.8. If you do need to update, here are some work-in-progress migration instructions.
Features & bug fixes
- lkalif contributed a patch that implements support for inventory links. These are required to set avatar appearance in the Linden Lab Viewer 2 (1e87fc).
- Diva added a ROBUST service 32 bit launcher (similar to OpenSim.32BitLaunch.exe). This will allow ROBUST services to be run as 32 bit executables on 64 bit platforms if necessary (a7aab6).
- I added a –skip-assets option to the “load oar” command (OpenSim Archive loading). This allows OARs to be loaded without loading any contained assets. This is useful if you know that all the required assets are already registered with the asset service, since asset loading can take some time. The skip assets option will become more useful once the ability to save oars without assets is implemented (bf3956).
- Diva fixed a bug with user account creation in the SQLite OpenSim database adaptor (4e1cbd).
- Nothing major to report this week.