This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 27th March 2010 March 30, 2010Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
The changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. At particular points in time this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.6.8 (released on 23rd December 2009).
This week in OpenSim ( 70b0e0 – efc091 ).
- The cutting edge OpenSim Git master code is still unstable following the final merge of the ROBUST server migration on the 1st March 2010. I very strongly recommend that you don’t update to this code unless you are a developer or tester – please stick with official releases such as OpenSim 0.6.8. If you do need to update, here are some work-in-progress migration instructions.
Features & bug fixes
- Melanie removed estate_settings.xml in favour of a console dialog process that adds users to existing estates or creates new ones (d6a64b).
- Diva changed OpenSim login to select a random region if a requested home or last region cannot be found and there is no default (9fb17e).
- Diva fixed Inventory Archive (IAR) loading and saving (efc091).
- Nothing major to report this week.