This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 6th March 2010 March 9, 2010Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
Hello everybody. This is a short summary of OpenSim development for the past week up until the end of last Saturday. The letters in brackets after bug and feature points are the Git revision identifiers in which the work appears. We only give the first 6 characters of each revision but this should be enough to identify it.
The changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. At particular points in time this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.6.8 (released on 23rd December 2009).
This week in OpenSim ( db24e57 – 2dcf73d ).
- The cutting edge OpenSim Git master code is still unstable following the final merge of the ROBUST server migration on the 1st March 2010. I very strongly recommend that you don’t update to this code unless you are a developer or tester – please stick with official releases such as OpenSim 0.6.8. If you do need to update, here are some work-in-progress migration instructions.
Features & bug fixes
- I fixed a bug where just under half the time, a new HUD attachment would only rez it’s root prim until right-clicked (or otherwiseupdated) (edb1764).
- Daedius contributed a patch that implements llSetLinkTextureAnim(), llLinkParticleSystem(), llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast() and llGetLinkPrimitiveParams(). There were introduced by Linden Lab in their version 1.38 server (c0bc250).
- Daedius contributed a patch that implements llTextBox() (2dcf73d).
- Various fixes were carried out by Diva, Melanie and myself after this weeks ROBUST merge. OpenSim Git master is still unstable.