This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 6th February 2010 February 8, 2010Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
Hello everybody. This is a short summary of OpenSim development for the past week up until the end of last Saturday. The letters in brackets after bug and feature points are the Git revision identifiers in which the work appears. We only give the first 6 characters of each revision but this should be enough to identify it.
The changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. At particular points in time this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.6.8 (released on 23rd December 2009).
This week in OpenSim ( 19d486 – 4a092b ).
- None this week
Features & bug fixes
- I fixed the internal EventManager.OnAttach event to actually fire when a scene object was attached to an avatar (4c1740).
- I moved the prim face colour setting code down into SceneObjectPart so that callers other than scripts can use it (3863cd).
- Robert Adams contributed a patch that allows terrain collision events to be detected after the regular collision checks (88d0fc).
- I changed the internal EventManager so that any exceptions generated by event subscribers are caught by OpenSim, logged but not propogated. This helps prevents bugs in modules bringing down OpenSim or stopping other module code from executing (cd4651).
- Misterblue contributed a patch to fix ODE physics stickiness (8556a9).
- Diva and Melanie continue to work on migrating the legacy user service into a number of separate ROBUST services (presence, user accounts, authentication, etc.). This is currently being done on a separate presence-refactor branch. This will take a while yet.