This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 9th January 2010 January 12, 2010Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
Hello everybody. This is a short summary of OpenSim development for the past week up until the end of last Saturday. The letters in brackets after bug and feature points are the Git revision identifiers in which the work appears. We only give the first 6 characters of each revision but this should be enough to identify it.
The changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. At particular points in time this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.6.8 (released on 23rd December 2009).
This week in OpenSim ( 70d5b1 – 49c09e ).
- None this week
Features & bug fixes
- Melanie fixed an issue where attempting to rez a no-copy object on a no-rez parcel would cause the object to vanish from inventory until relog (374077).
- Melanie updated the SQLite library in OpenSim. This may (or may not) have an effect on problems using SQLite with OpenSim with Mono 2.4.3 and greater (ab0dfb).
- Melanie made a change to allow estate owners to enter god mode is region_owner_is_god = true in OpenSim.ini (a54287).
- Revolution contributed patches that fix some prim to prim collision errors (49c09e).
- Revolution contributed a patch that means that llGetStatus() now returns rotation status information (7dd43b).
- Dahlia added a ForwardOfflineGroupMessages config option to the [Messaging] section of OpenSim.ini.example. This allows forwarding of group messages to offline users to be turned off. See Mantis 4457 for more details (1e8997).
- I fixed a problem where the local console would be become flooded with ArgumentOutOfRangeException messages if the window was resized under Mono (22b1ff).
- Melanie added the “Allowed Users” and “Allowed Groups” estate functionality. Now one should be able to selectively allow users and groups on to an estate (bc5587).
- Diva and Melanie continue to work on migrating the legacy user service into a number of separate ROBUST services (presence, user accounts, authentication, etc.). This is currently being done on a separate presence-refactor branch.