This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 2nd January 2010 January 4, 2010Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
Hello everybody. This is a short summary of OpenSim development for the past week up until the end of last Saturday. The letters in brackets after bug and feature points are the Git revision identifiers in which the work appears. We only give the first 6 characters of each revision but this should be enough to identify it.
The changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. At particular points in time this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.6.8 (released on 23rd December 2009).
This week in OpenSim ( b7951d – 9f2737 ).
- None this week
Features & bug fixes
- Melanie fixed an issue where passing an empty LSL list to the llDialog() function would crash the viewer (917fad).
- Teravus made changes that may resolve terrain editing problems with megaregions. Testing would be appreciated (25544a).
- Teravus made avatar reaction to the forward and back keys faster (16a64c).
- Teravus fixed sitting on the ground (e6c71d).
- Revolution contributed a patch that implements osKickAvatar(), osCauseDamage(), osCauseHealing() and osSetSpeed(). osKickAvatar() kicks a client from the region, osCauseDamage() and osCauseHealing() change the avatar’s health (in regions where this applies). osSetSpeed() changes the client’s movement multiple (e.g 2.0 would make the client move twice as fast as normal) (879594).
- Revolution contributed a patch that implements friend teleport offers (I think!) (8ca37d).
- Revolution contributed a patch that add llCollisionFilter() and llPassCollision() (61f63f).
- Diva and Melanie have been migrating the legacy user service into a number of separate ROBUST services (presence, user accounts, authentication, etc.). This is currently being done on a separate presence-refactor branch. Testing by the extremely brave would be appreciated, according to her mailing list post.
- Adam implemented a stub Sirikata client stack. This would allow a Sirikata viewer, such as one based upon their new browser engine Berkelium, to connect with OpenSim.
- Revolution contributed a patch that implements stubs and construction for various missing Second Life packets such as mute list updating and user parcel freeze and ejection.