This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 26th December 2009 December 29, 2009Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
Hello everybody. This is a short summary of OpenSim development for the past week up until the end of last Saturday. The letters in brackets after bug and feature points are the Git revision identifiers in which the work appears. We only give the first 6 characters of each revision but this should be enough to identify it.
The changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. At particular points in time this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.6.8 (released on 23rd December 2009).
This week in OpenSim ( 37b07a – 036925 ).
Features & bug fixes
- Melanie fixed an issue where an idle region can occasionally leap to 100% cpu utilization (37b07a).
- Diva fixed the inventory code so that clothing in the inventory library will have the correct icons (c0a8c2).
- Jeff Lee contributed a patch that fixes some incorrect return values from llGetPrimitiveParams() and osGetLinkPrimitiveParams() (d04f66).
- Melanie fixed an issue where gestures were not being corrected saved to OARs/IARs (53386b).
- Diva added a facility to add items to the inventory library by placing IARs in bin/Library. See her blog post for more details (1fa938).
- Dahlia fixed a bug where changing a sculpty to a sphere in llSetPrimitiveParams() would result in a misshapen sculpty instead. See Mantis 4462 for more details (7a06ab).
- Melanie removed all knowledge of XEngine state information from core OpenSim.
- Melanie changed the code so that the user profile module can be completely replaced for all profile data.