This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 24th October 2009 October 27, 2009Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
Hello everybody. This is a short summary of OpenSim development for the past week up until the end of last Saturday. The letters in brackets after bug and feature points are the Git revision identifiers in which the work appears. We only give the first 6 characters of each revision but this should be enough to identify it.
The changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. At particular points in time this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.6.7 (released on 14th October 2009).
This week in OpenSim ( b4526a – 2c3461 )
- None this week.
Features & bug fixes
- jhurliman improved prim loading performance from the region database with MySQL (b4526a).
- jhurliman optimized terrain data sending (0a6ea3).
- snowcrash contributed a patch that fixes an index error in llList2String() (182693).
- Melanie changed script commands to more fully obey scripting delays if these are turned on. Delays can be changed by tweaking the ScriptDelayFactor variable in OpenSim.ini (624af6).
- jhurliman continued to work on the new Linden Lab client-server protocol stack implementation.