This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 26th September 2009 September 28, 2009Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
Hello everybody. This is a short summary of OpenSim development for the past week up until the end of last Saturday. The letters in brackets after bug and feature points are the Git revision identifiers in which the work appears. We only give the first 6 characters of each revision but this should be enough to identify it.
The changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. At particular points in time this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.6.6 (branched at old Subversion revision r9962).
This week in OpenSim ( 9027d4 – a7f3d0 )
- None this week.
Features & bug fixes
- Intari contributed a patch that implements llHttpResponse() and makes the hostname used in llRequestURL() and llRequestSecureURL() configurable. This should more or less complete OpenSim’s LSL http server functionality (97c18c).
- Alan M Webb contributed a patch that fixes an occasional script compilation failure due to occasional mono failures both in the compilation mechanism and through file system latency (b7265a).
- I changed the Inventory Archive (IAR) mechanism so that saves and loads work properly again in grid mode. This requires the user service to also be at this revision or later (9249c0).
- Teravus fixed teleporting within HG enabled megaregions (0a0b53).
- Teravus fixed attachment issues when traversing megaregions (2bb513).
- Diva worked on moving the Grid server to the ROBUST server infrastructure.