This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 5th September 2009 September 7, 2009Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
Hello everybody. This is a short summary of OpenSim development for the past week up until the end of last Saturday. The letters in brackets after bug and feature points are the Git revision identifiers in which the work appears. We only give the first 6 characters of each revision but this should be enough to identify it.
The changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. At particular points in time this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.6.6 (branched at old Subversion revision r9962).
This week in OpenSim ( 59c8a0 – babe39 )
- None this week.
Features & bug fixes
- Dr Scofield added an osSetFontName() function that allows the font to be changed when creating dynamic textures (520930).
- Dan Lake contributed a patch to improve OpenSim startup and idle performance (f32de6).
- Melanie corrected the icons used on wearables in a user’s inventory (65d764).
- Dave Coyle contributed documentation for the remote console options in bin/OpenSim.ConsoleClient.ini.example (6b70b5).
- John Hurliman contributed code to fix memory leaks in some asynchronous code invocations (33133e).
- Teravus did some more work on megaregions (regions larger than 256m x 256m).
- Melanie started adding a new user authentication mechanism and data storage structure.
- Dr Scofield started work on storing parcel information in Opensim ARchives (OARs).