This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 22nd August 2009 August 24, 2009Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
Hello everybody. This is a short summary of OpenSim development for the past week up until the end of last Saturday. The letters in brackets after bug and feature points are the Git revision identifiers in which the work appears. We only give the first 6 characters of each revision but this should be enough to identify it.
The changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. At particular points in time this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.6.6 (branched at old Subversion revision r9962).
This week in OpenSim ( dd8b9d – 1e4238 )
- None this week.
Features & bug fixes
- Dahlia added a new OpenSim.ini setting “client_throttle_max_bps” in [ClientStack.LindenUDP] which allows the region simulator operator to limit the maximum bandwidth that a client can request.
- Adam started to implement a security credential system in Mini Region Modules (MRMs) which will eventually allow sandbox execution of untrusted modules.
- Diva continued her overhaul of the inventory service.
- Melanie started work on a remote console application to OpenSim. This should allow you to issue OpenSim commands to any region simulator or grid server running on a remote machine.
- Adam worked on a module for non-player characters (NPCs) in OpenSim.