This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 25th July 2009 July 27, 2009Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
Hello everybody. This is a short summary of OpenSim development for the past week up until the end of Saturday. The numbers in brackets after bug and feature points are the SVN revision numbers in which the work appears.
The changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Subversion ‘trunk’. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘trunk’ in any production environment. At particular points in time this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.6.6 (branched at r9962).
This week in OpenSim ( r10057 – r10085 )
- None this week
Features & bug fixes
- Teravus introduced code to move the camera closer if there are obstructions between the avatar and the camera. This should reduce the tendency of walls and objects to obstruct the view (r10066).
- MarcelEdward contributed a patch to add group join fees (r10064).
- StrawberryFride contributed a patch to stop asset and inventory names and descriptions from allocated the space assigned in the database under MSSQL. This was a cause of crashes when one attempted to store a landmark from a land parcel with a very long name. I extended these checks on MSSQL and implemented similar checks for MySQL. SQLite doesn’t need these checks (r10078).
- Teravus updated the C#-based webserver embedded in OpenSim. This version of the webserver has been significantly rearchitected and may cause some regressions. Please post a Mantis bug report if you can reproduce any particular webserer related issue.
- nornalbion contributed a patch that works towards allowing LSL to receive HTTP requests, in accordance with the planned Linden Lab implementation of functions such as llHTTPResponse as described on the Linden Lab wiki.
- arthursv upgraded the interregion comms modules to the new region module interfaces. This fixes some spurious “unnotified circuit” messages.
- Teravus upgraded the libOMV used by OpenSim to 0.7. This also required the grid interface number of to be increased from 4 to 5, meaning that regions older than r10085 will no longer connect to grid services younger than r10085.