This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 18th July 2009 July 20, 2009Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
Hello everybody. This is a short summary of OpenSim development for the past week up until the end of Saturday. The numbers in brackets after bug and feature points are the SVN revision numbers in which the work appears.
The changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Subversion ‘trunk’. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘trunk’ in any production environment. At particular points in time this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.6.6 (branched at r9962).
This week in OpenSim ( r10020 – r10056 )
- None this week
Features & bug fixes
- Melanie fixed an issue where llRezAtRoot() wouldn’t rez more than 10 meters away even if the ScriptDistanceLimitFactor was greater than 1. Thanks to Kitty for pointing this out (r10032).
- nlin introduce some wobble in the avatar capsule when using the Open Dynamics Engine (ODE) physics engine. This should make it easier to walk over prims (r10036).
- MW fixed a bug where changing the rotation of a selection of prims in a linkset would make each prim rotate around its own centre rather than around the centre of the entire linkset (r10049).
- Teravus fixed a bug where some attachments were being rezzed as non-phantom, causing invisible obstructing ghost prims to be left behind (r10051).
- jonc contributed a patch that fixes group scaling in some situations (r10054).
- Adam did some debugging on the Vivox module.
- MW started some work to make sure that items are rezzed in the proper position on the ground rather than halfway in.
- Melanie started to implement llSetDamage().