This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 27th June 2009 June 28, 2009Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
Hello everybody. This is a short summary of OpenSim development for the past week up until the end of Saturday. The numbers in brackets after bug and feature points are the SVN revision numbers in which the work appears.
The changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Subversion ‘trunk’. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘trunk’ in any production environment. At particular points in time this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.6.5 (branched at r9561).
This week in OpenSim ( r9889 – r9950 )
- None this week
Features & bug fixes
- Melanie made group deeding of objects correctly apply their next owner permissions (r9893).
- Melanie corrected the behaviour of llGetOwner() for group deeded objects (r9893).
- Melanie fixed a bug so that groups with more than 70 members can be viewed without crashing the client connection (r9917).
- Dr Scofield fixed “collection out of sync” errors occuring in the Open Dynamics Engine (ODE) physics plugin when under heavy load (r9923).
- Alan Webb contributed a fix that moves texture send processing out of the main client packet processing loop and into its own cycle. This should improve texture display (r9924).
- Dr Scofield streamlined the Linden UDP packet processing logic to make it more efficient (r9938).
- Melanie changed the default region file format from XML to an INI file, though existing XML files are still readable (r9946).
- Melanie worked on a new user service connector infrastructure.