This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 6th June 2009 June 8, 2009Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
Hello everybody. This is a short summary of OpenSim development for the past week up until the end of Saturday. The numbers in brackets after bug and feature points are the SVN revision numbers in which the work appears.
The changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Subversion ‘trunk’. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘trunk’ in any production environment. At particular points in time this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.6.5 (branched at r9561).
This week in OpenSim ( r9741 – r9801 )
- None this week
Features & bug fixes
- StrawberryFride contributed a patch that fixes editing of estate settings and use of god mode when OpenSim is using the MSSQL database plugin (r9745).
- I fixed some bugs in OpenSim ARchive (OAR) saving, including one instance where the save would never complete if particular assets were missing. However, it’s quite possible that some issue remain which only reveal themselves under the right conditions (r9753).
- Melanie fixed a bug where unlinking of prims would not persist under some conditions (r9760).
- aduffy70 contributed a patch that improves llGround(), llGroundSlope() and llGroundNormal() (r9796).
- Alan Webb and Chris Yeoh contributed patches that improve dynamic texture generation (for instance, when text is dynamically rendered to a texture) (r9772).
- Adam continued to work on Mini Region Module (MRM) functionality.
- MW continued to work on the avatar creation module
- Both Imaze Rhiano and mcortez contributed patches the implement alternative asset caches.