This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 30th May 2009 June 1, 2009Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
Hello everybody. This is a short summary of OpenSim development for the past week up until the end of Saturday. The numbers in brackets after bug and feature points are the SVN revision numbers in which the work appears.
The changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Subversion ‘trunk’. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘trunk’ in any production environment. At particular points in time this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.6.5 (branched at r9561).
This week in OpenSim ( r9652 – r9740 )
- OpenSim 0.6.5 (branched at r9561) was released.
Features & bug fixes
- Melanie implement group permissions for object return (r9658).
- Melanie improved script reset handling for HTTP LSL functions (r9681).
- Chris Yeoh contributed a patch to implement llPassTouches() (r9701).
- MW added an avatar creation/clone module. This allows a new avatar to be set up with a clone of an existing avatar’s inventory, current clothing and attachments. See this revision’s commit notes for more details (r9738).
- I continued work on Inventory ARchives (IARs).
- Dahlia started working on experimental sculpt map caching.
- Adam continued to work on Mini Region Module (MRM) functionality.