This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 23rd May 2009 May 24, 2009Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-news, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
Hello everybody. This is a short summary of OpenSim development for the past week up until the end of Saturday. The numbers in brackets after bug and feature points are the SVN revision numbers in which the work appears.
The changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Subversion ‘trunk’. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘trunk’ in any production environment. At particular points in time this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.6.4 (branched at r8961).
This week in OpenSim ( r9572 – r9651 )
- None this week.
Features & bug fixes
- StrawberryFride contributed a patch that adds region maturity rating persistence when using the MSSQL database plugin (r9578).
- Alan Webb and Dr Scofield contributed code to avoid occasional mono 2.4 errors when compiling scripts. Thanks also to Mic Bowman for his investigation into this problem (r9585).
- Dahlia improved sculpties and Level Of Detail (LOD) vertex accuracy. She also fixed torus mesh edge joining (r9601).
- Melanie and Diva continued work on a new services framework.
- Adam added experimental NAT translation support to login. This aims to make OpenSim accessible when it is hosted behind a router using port forwarding but where that router doesn’t support loopback.