This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 9th May 2009 May 10, 2009Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
Hello everybody. This is a short summary of OpenSim development for the past week up until the end of Saturday. The numbers in brackets after bug and feature points are the SVN revision numbers in which the work appears.
The changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Subversion ‘trunk’. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘trunk’ in any production environment. At particular points in time this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.6.4 (branched at r8961).
This week in OpenSim ( r9384 – r9474 )
- None this week
Features & bug fixes
- Dr Scofield imrpoved the estate ban mechanism (r9427).
- Homer fixed an issue so that temporary objects can be physical, which also allows such objects to be successfully taken into and rezzed from user inventroy (r9430).
- Alan M Webb contributed a patch that allows default avatars to be created via the RemoteAdmin interface using information contained in default_appearance.xml. Unfortunately, this is not yet documented (r9437).
- I migrated sqlite and mysql region database representations to use the common dashed UUID format rather than the undashed ones. Anyone following trunk will need to runprebuild and then do a clean build (“nant clean build” if using the command line) in order to trigger this migration (r9440).
- Dr Scofield made the RemoteAdmin plugin consistently use the same the boolean encoding when transmitting true/false return values. This may break existing code using RemoteAdmin (r9442).
- Teravus removed the sample money module from the core distribution, in response to a decision not to carry this module by the core development group. This now resides on the OpenSimulator forge. See his mailing list post for more details (r9470).
- Homer fixed a problem retrieving animations from user inventory (r9474).
- Melanie started work on a new core services framework.
- I continued to work on Inventory ARchive (IAR) functionality. This is not yet ready for use.