This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 25th April 2009 April 26, 2009Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
Hello everybody. This is a short summary of OpenSim development for the past week up until the end of Saturday. The numbers in brackets after bug and feature points are the SVN revision numbers in which the work appears.
The changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Subversion ‘trunk’. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘trunk’ in any production environment. At particular points in time this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.6.4 (branched at r8961).
This week in OpenSim ( r9218 – r9313 )
- None this week
Features & bug fixes
- mcortez continued to contribute patches for experimental groups support. This week he contrbuted code for assigning land to groups. Various bugs were also fixed, including double echoes in group messaging and the absence of group titles in the group dialog in the Linden Lab Second Life client (r9310).
- Homer added an osTerrainFlush() command for sending terrain information to clients after osTerrainSetHeight() calls (r9223).
- Teravus implemented support for passing different material types (wood, glass, etc.) to the Open Dynamics Engine (ODE) physics plugin. At the moment I believe the only surface which is different to others is glass, which has low friction and medium bounce (r9231).
- Alan Webb contributed patches that fix various IRC reconnect problems when using the IRC module (r9283).
- Melanie fixed a problem accessing notecards from LSL. The first time a notecard was access, the ID returned from the call would differ from the one later sent via dataserver() (r9251).
- Alan Webb contributed a patch that enables script state persistence when taking objects into inventory, when saving OpenSim Archives (OARs) and when using attachments (r9265).
- RemedyTomm contributed a patch that fixes lag problems caused when using llSetPrimitiveParams() in a large linkset (r9312).
- Ewe Loon contributed a patch the implements persistence avatar appearance for the SQLite database plugin (r9313).
- Teravus continued physics work for experimental vehicle support.
- Sean worked to get our continuous integration builds back on track after issues with our old system.
- Adam contined work on Mini Region Module (MRM) scripting functionality.
- I continued to work on Inventory ARchive (IAR) functionality. This is not yet ready for general use.
- Dahlia carried out some meshmerizer work, including syncing OpenSim’s copy of her external primmesher library with r35.
- Homer migrated some core modules to the future region module system.