This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 18th April 2009 April 20, 2009Posted by justincc in opensim.
Hello everybody. This is a short summary of OpenSim development for the past week up until the end of Saturday. The numbers in brackets after bug and feature points are the SVN revision numbers in which the work appears.
The changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Subversion ‘trunk’. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘trunk’ in any production environment. At particular points in time this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.6.4 (branched at r8961).
This week in OpenSim ( r9111 – r9217 )
- None this week
Features & bug fixes
- Melanie fixed a bug so that scripts can now remove themselves via llRemoveInventory(llGetScriptName()) (r9112).
- dslake contributed a patch tweaked by Melanie that converts many scene related linear searchs into dictionary lookups. This may result in a significant performance increase (r9115).
- Teravus made various stability related changes to the Open Dynamics Engine (ODE) physics plugin (r9131).
- Diva added session authentication of logging in users in grid mode (r9203).
- idb fixed llDetectedRot() to return the same values as llGetRot(). See Mantis 3467 for more details (r9196).
- Diva fixed a problem with region crossings introduced in r9110. Thanks to M1sha for diagnostic work on this (r9203).
- idb made a change so that llHTTPRequest() correctly files in the HTTP_X_SECONDLIFE_OWNER_NAME header field when the user is offline (r9207).
- idb removed the default plywood texture from the library. This improves usability when using the Linden Lab Second Life client. See Mantis 3460 for more details (r9212).
- RemedyTomm contributed a patch that fixes some more stalling and throttle ignore problems when serving textures (r9213).
- Melanie made a change that allows scripts to specify the asset key of a notecard for llGetNotecardLine() as well as the names of notecards in that prim’s inventory (r9214).
- mcortez contributed a patch for an experimental groups implementation. This is not enabled by default and requires an external service which is not currently included with OpenSim (though it is freely available).. See the [Groups] section in OpenSim.ini.example for more details (r9216).
- Stefan continued experimental work to allow certain assets to directly store their owner uris.
- Homer continued work on a new region module mechanism. The existing region modules mechanism will continue to work for some time yet.
- Teravus started work on improving OpenSim’s Bullet Physics plugin, an alternative to the Open Dynamics Engine (ODE) plugin.
- I continued to work on Inventory ARchive (IAR) functionality. This is not yet ready for general use.
- sdague started importing experimental FreeSwitch voice support code written by Rob Smart.
- Teravus did some physics infrastructure work for vehicle support. I don’t believe that this is ready yet.
- Diva continued to update Hypergrid.
- Adam contined work on Mini Region Module (MRM) scripting functionality.