This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 14th March 2009 March 15, 2009Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod.
Hello everybody. This is a short summary of OpenSim development for the past week up until the end of last Saturday, as culled from our source code repository logs. After any general news there are two sections. The first section – “Features and bug fixes”, contains prominent new functionality and bug fixes visible to users of OpenSim. The numbers in brackets in this section are the final svn revision numbers in which the work was completed for this week. This is right at the cutting edge so there is no guarantee that this functionality is stable.
The second section contains information about the infrastructure changes happening within the project. This is going to be a little more impressionistic than the features/bug fixes list, but hopefully it will give a picture of how OpenSim is evolving from week to week.
This week in OpenSim ( r8731 – r8791 )
- None this week.
Features & bug fixes
- Flyte Xevious contributed a patch so that physical objects moved via llMoveToTarget() with a low tau should now halt at their destintation rather than continuing indefinitely (r8733).
- I made a change so that when an Opensim ARchives (OARs) is saved, the assets retrieved during the save are immediately removed from the region server’s in-memory cache. This should mean that the region doesn’t need to be restarted after regions containing many objects are saved (r8738).
- M1sha contributed a patch that fixes the enable/disable and plant tree commands that were broken in the Trees module. The commands are now respectively “tree active <true|false>” and “tree plant” (r8743).
- Alan Webb contributed a patch that fixes a problem where some attachments would not stay attached between logins (r8746).
- mcortez and Godfrey contributed a patch that fixes various sun related issues, including persisting the ‘fixed sun’ setting over server restarts and making the slider settings more accurately represent the sun position. See Mantis 3295 for more details (r8790).
- rtomita contributed patches to help OpenSim work better with libomv based clients for inventory listings and prim scaling (r8791).
- Tommil continuted to contribute patches to develop the experimental MXP client protocol.
- mikem continued to work on the Cable Beach server within OpenSim (an asset and inventory server which will eventually replace our current servers).
- lbsa71 continued with login service refactoring.
- I continued work on inventory archiving code.