This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 28th February 2009 March 2, 2009Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod.
Hello everybody. This is a short summary of OpenSim development for the past week up until the end of last Saturday, as culled from our source code repository logs. After any general news there are two sections. The first section – “Features and bug fixes”, contains prominent new functionality and bug fixes visible to users of OpenSim. The numbers in brackets in this section are the final svn revision numbers in which the work was completed for this week. This is right at the cutting edge so there is no guarantee that this functionality is stable.
The second section contains information about the infrastructure changes happening within the project. This is going to be a little more impressionistic than the features/bug fixes list, but hopefully it will give a picture of how OpenSim is evolving from week to week.
This week in OpenSim ( r8556 – r8659 )
- None this week.
Features & bug fixes
- Adam and Tommil added initial experimental support for the MXP protocol. See bubblecloud.org for more details (r8652).
- Melanie added support for grid wide sending of script-originated Instant Messages (r8571).
- Diva fixed some avatar appearance problems after teleport and border crossings. Please note that if the source region for a teleport/crossing is running an early version of code than this revision, your avatar may appeared ghosted or grey (r8600).
- MirceaKitsune contributed a patch that prevents the avatar trying to walk into the ground or into the area in mouselook mode if the avatar is looking up or down (r8582).
- mikem made a change that means that /* C-style comments */ can now be used in LSL scripts (r8607).
- MW added support for loading all initialization ini files in a directory (r8659).
- As well as continuing with refactoring the grid service, MW also started to refactor the user and message services so that they can all accept modules.
- I continued work on inventory archiving code.