This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 17th January 2009 January 18, 2009Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod.
Hello everybody. This is a short summary of OpenSim development for the past week up until the end of last Saturday, as culled from our source code repository logs. After any general news there are two sections. The first section – “Features and bug fixes”, contains prominent new functionality and bug fixes visible to users of OpenSim. The numbers in brackets in this section are the final svn revision numbers in which the work was completed for this week. This is right at the cutting edge so there is no guarantee that this functionality is stable.
The second section contains information about the infrastructure changes happening within the project. This is going to be a little more impressionistic than the features/bug fixes list, but hopefully it will give a picture of how OpenSim is evolving from week to week.
This week in OpenSim ( r8006 – r8068 )
- OpenSimulator 0.6.2 was released (r8068). This is available from the OpenSim downloads page, though at the time of writing no Windows installer was available.
Features & bug fixes
- Melanie corrected the propogation of permissions when an item was moved from a prim’s inventory to an avatar’s inventory (r8010).
- Diva fixed a regression where source region client connections were not closed on a teleport due to a deadlock. This probably resolves the problems we were seeing during the week where teleports would crash or freeze regions (r8041).
- StrawberryFride contributed a patch to properly enable friends functionality when using the MSSQL database adapter (r8044).
- I fixed a bug where the new RestComms was not being used in the case where it had been explicitly enabled (if the setting simply did not exist then it was still enabled by default). This will fix some issues where neighbour regions stopped being visible after a region code update (r8046).
- MW added initial support for reading hypergrid links from an xml config file (instead of entering them manually or in the startup commands). More details in the linking regions section of the OpenSim Hypergrid wiki page (r8064).
- Tommil and mpallari contributed further code working towards proper NHibernate support.
- I worked on teleport unit tests.