This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 10th January 2009 January 11, 2009Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod.
Hello everybody. This is a short summary of OpenSim development for the past week up until the end of last Saturday, as culled from our source code repository logs. After any general news there are two sections. The first section – “Features and bug fixes”, contains prominent new functionality and bug fixes visible to users of OpenSim. The numbers in brackets in this section are the final svn revision numbers in which the work was completed for this week. This is right at the cutting edge so there is no guarantee that this functionality is stable.
The second section contains information about the infrastructure changes happening within the project. This is going to be a little more impressionistic than the features/bug fixes list, but hopefully it will give a picture of how OpenSim is evolving from week to week.
This week in OpenSim ( r7936 – r8005 )
- Pretty quiet week this week – I guess everybody’s still feeling the effects of Christmas.
Features & bug fixes
- StrawberryFride contributed a facility to limit the commands available for a region via the XmlRpcAdmin interface. This is done using the enabled_methods configuration value in the [RemoteAdmin] section of OpenSim.ini (r8003).
- Teravus started work on a facility for viewing statistics including user session information via HTTP.
- I did some work on moving various facilities code (such as registering XmlRpc handlers, popping up various dialogs on the viewer, etc.) into separate modules (which are bundled with OpenSim).
- I did some work on unit tests for standalone login.
- Tommil contributed patches to improve and update NHibernate support.