This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 6th December 2008 December 7, 2008Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod.
Hello everybody. This is a short summary of OpenSim development for the past week up until the end of last Saturday, as culled from our source code repository logs. After any general news there are two sections. The first section – “Features and bug fixes”, contains prominent new functionality and bug fixes visible to users of OpenSim. The numbers in brackets in this section are the final svn revision numbers in which the work was completed for this week. This is right at the cutting edge so there is no guarantee that this functionality is stable.
The second section contains information about the infrastructure changes happening within the project. This is going to be a little more impressionistic than the features/bug fixes list, but hopefully it will give a picture of how OpenSim is evolving from week to week.
This week in OpenSim ( r7547 – r7632 )
- None this week
Features & bug fixes
- idb improved the avatar height calculation in the Basic Physics and Physics Of Simplicity physics engines (r7557).
- MW stopped it being possible to bring down a grid server merely by sending it corrupt XML data (r7562).
- I resolved problems persisting some prims in the database by stopping storage or retrieval of the parent local ID field, which was unused anyway (r7586).
- mpallari contributed an update to the make the NHibernate database backend option useable. This now means that OpenSim requires an extra dependency on Linux systems, otherwise it will complain about a missing System.Data.Oracle namespace on startup. See this wiki page for more details (r7604).
- Godfrey contributed a patch to fix llTriggerSound() (r7589).
- Melanie fixed a bug where no copy objects would be lost if attached (r7608).
- Melanie fixed a bug where scripts were not stopped if they were removed from a prim’s inventory (r7611).
- idb implemented the llDetectedTouchBinormal(), llDetectedTouchFace(), llDetectedTouchNormal(), llDetectedTouchPos(), llDetectedTouchST(), llDetectedTouchUV() (r7621).
- Melanie added code to enable region crossing for scripts such that they will stay active in the new region. For this to work, both source and destination must be configured to allow script crossing. See the AllowScriptCrossing and TrustBinaries settings in OpenSim.ini.example (r7624).
- Diva contributed patches to improve Hypergrid support.
- Melanie added extra hooks in the Permissions module.
- Sean, Melanie and Diva worked on region crossing and teleporting issues (e.g. no texture downloading when a region is re-entered from another region).