This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 1st November 2008 November 3, 2008Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod.
Hello everybody. This is a short summary of OpenSim development for the past week up until the end of last Saturday, as culled from our source code repository logs. After any general news there are two sections. The first section – “Features and bug fixes”, contains prominent new functionality and bug fixes visible to users of OpenSim. The numbers in brackets in this section are the final svn revision numbers in which the work was completed for this week. This is right at the cutting edge so there is no guarantee that this functionality is stable.
The second section contains information about the infrastructure changes happening within the project. This is going to be a little more impressionistic than the features/bug fixes list, but hopefully it will give a picture of how OpenSim is evolving from week to week.
This week in OpenSim ( r6978 – r7056 )
- None this week.
Features & bug fixes
- idb contributed a patch that partially implements llGetBoundingBox(). This is currently only valid for standing/flying/ground sitting avatars and single prim objects. Objects with multiple prims and/or a setting avatar return a bounding box for the root prim only (r6979).
- idb contributed a patch that means llRezObject() and llRezAtRoot() now obey the velocity parameter (r6979).
- Ruud Lathorp contributed a patch that resolves MSSQL storage problems when working with large linksets (r6984)
- idb contributed a patch that makes llGetRot() and llGetRootRotation() return the right values when the object is attached (r6985)
- tglion contributed a patch that supports the terrain strength slider in the 1.21.6 Linden Labs Second life client (r6989)
- nlin contributed a patch that fixes vector and quanternion types in script state serialization (r6996).
- Christopher Yeoh contributed a patch that means that when an existing linkset B is linked to an existing linkset A, the prims of linkset are inserted with linkset numbers that follow the root prim, rather than at the end of linkset B (r6997).
- I made a fix to resolve grey avatar appearance problems. On a rebake, avatar appearance should now persist and be available to other avatars. This fix may not yet be perfect, so good bug reports would be appreciated. Other wearable (body parts & clothing) related issues almost certainly still exist (r7003).
- idb contributed a patch that means that the object_rez event should now be sent to all scripts in a prim (r7016).
- nlin contributed a patch that implements llSetHoverHeight() and llStopHover() (r7021).
- Alan Webb contributed an XIRCBridgeModule that supports assigning specific IRC channels to region, as well as the existing functionality. This is a temporary module that will be merged with the existing IRCBridgeModule soon (r7025).
- I stopped avatar attachments being saved to OpenSim region archives (oars). This means that they shouldn’t turn up as ghost prims when the region is reloaded (r7046).
- Homer Horwitz implemented grid-wide friendship support, including offer/deny/accept, friendship termination, on and offline updates and calling cards for friends. A full update of the user, grid and message services is necessary to get this to work (if you are using the ones bundled with OpenSim then this just means updating to this revision). These new services will not break older regions. The code changes are quite extensive and may well contain bugs – hopefully these will be ironed out over the next week or so (r7051).
- idb contributed a patch that fixes problems where LSL identifiers conflict with C# reserved words (r7056).
- Dahlia continued work on the meshmerizer.
- Melanie continued work on a more complete implementation of Second Life groups for OpenSim.
- Sean did some infrastructure work to support easy execution of the monocov code coverage tool in the OpenSim build. This can be run with the command
nant test-covfrom the command line. The output is placed in the cov/ subdirectory.
- Sean continued work on database layer oriented unit tests.
- Alan Webb contributed clean ups to REST inventory and asset service access support.
- I continued work on Second Life UDP session stack unit tests.
- I started work on unit test infrastructure for scene testing.
- Melanie worked on refactoring to make the IM and friends modules optional, and to make it easier to plug in different implementations.
- Adam Frisby worked on cleaning up code cruft in the IClientAPI implementation in the Second Life UDP session stack.