This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 25th October 2008 October 27, 2008Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod.
Hello everybody. This is a short summary of OpenSim development for the past week up until the end of last Saturday, as culled from our source code repository logs. After any general news there are two sections. The first section – “Features and bug fixes”, contains prominent new functionality and bug fixes visible to users of OpenSim. The numbers in brackets in this section are the final svn revision numbers in which the work was completed for this week. This is right at the cutting edge so there is no guarantee that this functionality is stable.
The second section contains information about the infrastructure changes happening within the project. This is going to be a little more impressionistic than the features/bug fixes list, but hopefully it will give a picture of how OpenSim is evolving from week to week.
This week in OpenSim ( r6906 – r6977 )
- None this week.
Features & bug fixes
- Homer Horwitz implemented calling cards (r6911).
- idb contributed a patch that implements llWind() (r6917).
- Melanie improved prim linking speed by stopping some unnecessary object delete notifications (r6936).
- Melanie fixed a bug where object deletes would sometimes fail. The prims would appear to delete but would never go into inventory (on take) and sometimes would reappear on prim restart. Unfortunately, one failure here was enough to stop many subsequent deletes from working (r6938).
- idb improved llGetAgentSize() to include shoes. Unfortunately, this height calculation isn’t directly useable for actually setting the height of the avatar in the ODE engine (for those of you suffering from being ankle deep in prims after the latest ODE update) (r6945).
- nlin and idb between them implemented much of llGetAgentInfo(), with the exception of AGENT_BUSY (r6957).
- Dahlia continued work on the meshmerizer.
- I did some work on an avatar inventory save/restore feature.
- Dr Scofield did some work on the IRC module.
- Alan Webb contributed patches to improve OpenSim’s REST interface to inventory, assets and appearance.
- Melanie started work on a more complete implementation of Second Life groups for OpenSim.
- Dr Scofield made infrastructure improvements to the Remote Admin facility.
- I did some more refactoring and bug fixing for the Second Life UDP client stack, this time supported by some unit tests.